The beginning of the year is the time to reflect on past successes and failures, adjust accordingly, and make a plan for the upcoming year. Whether you own a small business, or run a corporation, you are responsible for the success of your business. Make this year better than the last by setting some goals, and making sure you keep everyone on track (even if you are the only employee).
Here are some things you can consider adding to your business New Year’s resolution:
- Dedicate at least an hour a week to reading about your trade/industry
- Learn something new. Go to a seminar/workshop at least once this year.
- Schedule a weekly planning meeting, even if you are the only employee.
- Join a local business association. You can gain a new perspective on the local economy and potentially expand your client base.
- Set long term, and short term goals that are realistic and can be measured.
- Commit to updating your website monthly, and social media once a week.
- Set a sales goal for your business that will motivate you throughout the year.
- Volunteer in your community. Get out and do some good in your own neighborhood.
These are just examples of some things you can do to grow your business in 2017. If you have any suggestions for additional goals, please share. We’d love to hear your ideas!